How to Make the Perfect BBQ
Are you new to grilling? Are you afraid to light up a barbecue?
Well, you should not be afraid because making the perfect barbecue is not as complicated as it sounds. If you are thinking about making a barbecue or buying a new barbecue, this article breaks down some of the best grilling tips and the pros and cons of gas and charcoal grills for you. For BBQ tips for beginners, the article follows up with some simple steps to making the perfect BBQ. If you are already fired up, you will get a peek into barbecue tips and tricks. Let’s get started.
Choose the Right Barbecue
Do you go for charcoal or gas? Despite what some people say, no one grill is superior to the other. It all comes down to personal preference and situation. Each type has its shares of pros and cons. Well, you have to decide between the two if you are going to barbecue to achieve the tasty flavor.
- They come in a wide range of prices and are mostly affordable.
- It can get very hot, which is an advantage and can also be a disadvantage, depending on your situation
- Has to lit manually
- Ashes make cleaning more complicated
- Gives your food a smoky flavor
- It is hard to control the temperature range
- Highly convenient
- Easy to clean
- The grill is more complicated
- More expensive than a charcoal grill
- Allows you to choose a smoky flavor or not
There you go. You can decide the type of grill that suits your need. Charcoal grills can be terrific for outdoor grilling because even chef prefer traditional model sometimes. However, if you are looking for the most convenient grill, buy a gas grill.
Prep Your Grill
Once you have chosen a grill, the next step involves prepping it. The first step to making the perfect barbecue is ensuring that your grill is clean. Every grate type has a specific cleaning tool.
For instance, stuff bristled steel brush is designed to get rust, gunk, and grime off non-coated grates, mostly steel or cast iron.
On the other hand, a nylon-bristled brush is appropriate for cleaning porcelain-coated grates because it does not scratch the surface. Accordingly, you may want to check if your grill has a designated cleaning tool that fits its grate contours.
The next step is removing any debris at the bottom of the grill. Charcoal grills often have objects, such as ash and coal, that may block the heat source. Here is a comprehensive guide to cleaning your grill.
After cleaning the grill, you will want to season the grates. Seasoning helps to prevent food from sticking to the cooking surface. Seasoning involves applying a thin, even canola oil layer to the grates. You can use a Pam to spray the oil before wiping away any excess oil using a paper towel and turning on the heat. However, porcelain or coated grates may not require seasoning.
Barbecuing requires patience and focus. Wait for the flames to die down if you are a beginner. This may mean waiting until the coal is grey and glowing to give you the hottest and most even heat. Experts may grill with the flames on.
Barbecue Tips and Tricks
- Always use tongs, a spatula, or a fork to flip the vegetable or meat to avoid losing juices as you turn the food.
- Make sure you do not flip the food many times as you grill. Once or twice is enough.
- Do not press the food using a spatula while grilling. You may end up losing the juices in the process.
- If you want a smoky flavor, soak some wood chips before mixing them with charcoal and covering the grill. A gas grill may have instructions you need to get a smoky flavor.
- If you want to mix grilled food with herb essence, throw the essence onto the charcoal as you grill. In case you are using a gas grill, soak the herb essence in water, then add them on grill grates before placing your food on top of the herbs. Accordingly, you may want to check a manufacturer’s instructions if you are using a gas grill.
- For other tips and tricks, consider checking the user manual that comes with every grill you buy. You can also visit cooking websites for more grilling tips.
You should fear barbecuing even if you are new to the game because it does not take much to get started cooking your food in a smoker. All you need is an excellent recipe, the right grill, and these BBQ tips for beginners. You are good to go with this information.